|B.Vijayalakshmi, B.Sc., M.L.I.Sc., M.Phil., (UGC NET)
- To inculcate reading habit and to impart information literacy skills among the students to empower them to become independent effect lifelong learner.
- To meet Dr.S.R.Ranganathan’s five laws of library science.
- To encourage all students to work towards reaching their potential, by helping them to become independent & effective learner within Institution and throughout life.
- To support the curriculum of the college.
- To enable students to have information retrieval sklls from a wide range of resources including books, magazines, the Internet and CD-ROMs.
- To encourage them to experience success and enjoyment in the use of their library.
- To develop awareness about reading habit & it’s importance and pleasure.
- To provide opportunity and to encourage all students’ educational and recreational reading.
- Books are for Use.
- Every Reader has his/her Book.
- Every Book has its Reader.
- Save the Time of the Reader.
- Library is a Growing Organism.
Library has 18492 books including text books and reference books.
Library is the member of National Digital Library, developed at IIT Kharagpur.
Library has a blog to give a key to open access resources for students.
Current Awareness Service
Saraswathi Pooja Celebration:
Saraswathi Pooja has been celebrated at the Library on 07/10/2016, Friday. Principal i/c Sri G.Sankarasubramaniam has launched Library Blog. Sri B.M. Venkatraman, Manager has supported to arrange the programme. Sri S.Pradeep, Library Trainee has done pooja. Smt Karpagam , Lecturer, Mathematics Dept. and Smt Dr.S.Sudha Ponnarasi, Lecturer, EEE have helped in arrangements of the programme. All the staff from various departments have participated in the pooja celebration.
On the December month, 2016, at the rainy time Library has planted 4 black Jamun Trees near to the Pillayar Temple at the campus. Library maintains growth of those.
Open Access Resources:
National Digital Library of India
F1000 Research is an Open Science
SSRN Social Science Research Network
Journals for Free